WITT Flashback Arrestors for reliable protection against dangerous reverse gas flow and flashbacks in accordance with DIN EN ISO 5175-1. Every Arrestor 100% tested.
The best Flashback Arrestors in the world.
- a large surface area flame arrestor FA of stainless steel construction extinguishes any dangerous flashback entering the device in any direction
- a temperature-sensitive cut-off valve TV extinguishes sustained flashbacks long before the internal temperature of the arrestors reaches a dangerous level
- a spring-loaded non-return valve NV prevents slow or sudden reverse gas flow forming explosive mixtures in the gas supply
Operation / Usage:
- Flashback Arrestors are used to protect gas cylinders and pipeline outlet points (hoses and any equipment) against dangerous flashbacks
- without non-return valve for lower working pressures i.e. before and after analysers
- ideal for use with corrosive gases in the chemical industry, process technology or in the laboratory area
- WITT Flashback Arrestors may be mounted in any position / orientation
- the maximum ambient/working temperature is 70 °C / 158 °F
- annual testing of the non-return valve, body leak-tightness and flow capacity is recommended
- WITT is happy to supply special test equipment
- Flashback Arrestors are only to be serviced by the manufacturer.
- The dirt filter may be replaced by competent staff
Company certified to ISO 9001
Cleaned for Oxygen Service according to EIGA IGC Doc 13/12/E: Oxygen Pipeline and Piping Systems
Note: The Models RF53N and F53N are suitable for fuel gas and oxygen.